Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hat's Another Saturday Post




Well, we all know how my Saturday posts go, so let’s see where we end up! Now usually I end up writing about something that has happened in the news, or a certain observance of that day, like Women’s Day or something. Well, today, on this very Saturday, I’m not going to do that. I’m going to go off on a random journey, so let’s see where it takes us!



                I was walking through the city the other day, as ya do, when in the distance I saw some ‘badmen’. You know, trousers round their ankles and a baseball cap on the wrong way. And I got thinking, is a hat all is takes to go from a respectable citizen to a public menace? You see a young person wearing a baseball cap in the traditional sense and think,

There goes a respectable young citizen, and look, he’s done the sensible thing of trying to protect his eyes from the sun!

yes, that’s exactly what I think. But then, all of a sudden, he turns his well placed baseball cap the other way round - the wrong way round!

“Oh no, that respectable young citizen has tricked us all! By turning his hat the wrong way round he has inadvertently displayed to the rest of the world that he is indeed out to cause menace.”

We could even go as far as calling him a nuisance!



                So can we safely say that what a person wears dictates how we should respond to him, or is that judging a book by its cover a bit too much? I mean, take a look at the Bible. That looks real old and boring, and yet that’s the global all-time best seller. They should have totally made a sequel or movie or something. JK Rowling sitting there with her wand thinking she’s all that.



 And thinking of books, how come that flying snowman book is so famous? It got no words! Surely you got to have words, not just a bunch of pictures! That’s a bit like having a Prime Minister who can’t run a country – Actually, that makes perfect sense.



                So what does it take to run a country? Do you just have to be a pretty face, ‘cos I got one of those! And I can talk a lot of bollocks too, so I must be eligible. Truth is, I just make it up as I go along. Maybe if I planned what I was going to write then it might be funnier. Nah, I like this method better.



                 And what’s the deal with method acting? So you live out your role. Isn’t that defeating the object of acting? You’re supposed to pretend to be your role, not just become your role. Well if that’s how people hit the big time, I’m just waiting for the role of ‘young male with no taste. Likes to laze around a lot. Isn’t funny.’ And that will be the perfect role!



                So there we have it. A truly random Saturday post. We went from the city to hats to books to politics to acting. And that’s the D Wulf way!



‘Cos as the saying goes:
 Give a man a fish, and he’ll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he’ll sit in a boat all day!



Keep Smiling,
D Wulf.


And don't forget to have a look in a few days time for a badass St. Patrick's Day post!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...